Kebab is a very popular item in our food menu from restaurant to any occasion, it is a star food. Kebab, some called Kabab is a piece of meat that is grilled in tandoor or charcoal fire. It is a tandoor item served with chutney. It is known in different names in different countries like Chuan in Chinese, shashlik in North America.
As a tandoor item it was grilled in tandoor. But nowadays it can be grilled on the micro oven or even a non-stick pan with a charcoal flavour.
Due to it’s popularity & demand, lots of kebab varieties are coming up. Such as in chicken Kebab there are varieties like Chicken Reshmi Kebab, Chicken Malai Kebab, Chicken Hariyani Kebab etc. Today’s discussion will be on “how to prepare Chicken Malai Kebab”.
Chicken Malai Kebab or Murg Malai Kebab is made by cream. Now we will get into the step by step process on how to prepare mouth-watering Chicken Malai Kebab.
- Boneless Chicken – 500 gms
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tablespoon
- Salt – 4 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice- 2 tablespoon
- Hung Curd- 4 tablespoon
- Processed Cheese – 4 tablespoon (grating)
- Fresh Cream – 5-6 tablespoon
- Green Chillies (deseeded and crushed) 1.5 tablespoon (around 3 green chillies)
- Black Pepper Powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Green Cardamom powder – 3/4 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves – fine chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Butter for basting 4 tablespoon
- Wooden skewers to grill
- Charcoal 3 – 4 pieces (get the charcoal flavour)
- Thick Hung Curd – To prepare the hung curd, strain the water using a strainer or clean cloth to have a thick hung curd without any
For Chicken Malai Kebab we have to
marinate chicken two times. First, we will marinate the chicken with ginger
garlic and then we will marinate with the prepared mixtures.
- First Marinating: To marinate the chicken we will cut
the chicken into small tikka pieces. Then, will add ginger garlic paste, lemon
juice and salt (3/4 tablespoon) and mixed it very well and set aside for 30
- Second Marinating: Then we have to prepare the
mixture. At first add hung curd (strain without water), fresh cream, green
chilli paste, cardamom powder, black paper powder, salt to taste (1
tablespoon), cheese and coriander leaves. Now, add the chicken into the mixture
and marinate it so well that chicken are well coated with the marinate. After
marinating, set aside the mixture into refrigerator for 4 hours. At last soak
the wooden skewers in water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Skew the chicken pieces onto the wooden skewers 4 pieces in a skewer.
- Heat a tava or nonstick frying pan and add 2 tablespoon butter.
- Now place the 4 skewed chicken into the tava/pan side by side and roast it in medium flame for 15-20 mins.
- Keep turning it in aside to cook both sides. Keep it to roast again for 10-15 mins.
- Then belted / brush the roasted chicken with 2 tablespoon butter.
- Next take the charcoal into a bowl and fire up.
- After the charcoal are burning, place it in the pan and cover the pan with a lid.
- To get a barbecue flavour we will infuse the kebabs in smoke for 10 mins.
- Now, open the lid and the chicken malai kebab is ready.
- Garnish and Serve the hot freshly prepared chicken Malai Kebab with green chutney and lemon to taste.